The Upton Homes For Sale Market Report
Nestled just outside I-495, Upton often gets overlooked, but as prices have moved up steadily in surrounding towns, buyers are finding - and liking - the value in Upton. At first glance, it looks like the market is cooling off, but homes for sale is just coming off an extremely low number, that goosed the HSI in the last report.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Prices tell the story here - they've moved up - but they are still behind where they were last year. It's not easy to see why, but Upton is a small town with a small data set, so the numbers don't always tell the complete story.
What should active home buyers do in Upton?
If you can find something in Upton, and you might, make sure you check the valuation. While sellers aren't overly optimistic, on average, a few are trying to stretch prices. This market isn't quite hot enough to do that, and although the sellers haven't been sitting around very long, in a couple of months were likely to see quite a few price changes.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in UPTON!
- Show Me Upton, MA Homes for Sale
- Did you Google an Old Report? Get the latest here!
- Reach me to be your UPTON MA Realtor
What should potential home sellers do in Upton?
Home sellers should recognize that reaching for a price at this time in the market cycle is likely a mistake. There's not enough pressure or traffic to do that. When the buyers come back, they will be choosing best available, and you'll need to be the best available when that happens. Position yourself to today's market - not last months.
Upton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Upton‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):116 Last Report:151
- There are 34 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 67 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 49 homes sold in the last 3 months in Upton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 69 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 90days of the Upton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $165 (vs. $161 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 186 /sq. foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $424,411 for sold homes.
- Upton, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- There are big differences between gunite pools and liner pools. Here’s a quick summary.
- How can I tell if a basement gets water in my potential home purchase?.
- Summary Charts for pricing and Real Estate Activity for Metrowest Homes
- Idea book for Bookcase and Shelving Storage
- How do Home Property Assessments Relate to Real Estate prices? Should I use them for a valuation?
- Landlords: How to prepare for a new tenant
- How Serious is Moss or Lichen on my Roof shingles?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.