The Northbridge Homes For Sale Market Report
The market in Northbridge is always a bit difficult to discern becuase there's so much new construction going on. Transactions are higher than reported, prices may be higher than shown, and certainly pressure on prices is at least a bit more.
Prices seem to have stalled, but the large
number of new construction closings maybe muddling the dataset.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Having said that, home sellers have modest expectations of price appreciation, and that's probably because there are still a lot of homes for sale, but those numbers are shrinking, just like every where else. If the builders start getting backlogs, they're going to move prices up - and the rest of Northbridge will follow.
What should active home buyers do in Northbridge ?
Home buyers will find some prices ranges with many options, but others are quite thin. The resale market doesn't have a lot of choices. Homes could move quicker than expected outside of those more crowded price range.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Northbridge ?
Home sellers need to look at their micro market carefully - they could have move room to run in certain areas. Still - the new construction puts a cap on how far re-sales can run, and the market, while getting tighter - is still not tight enough for the bounce that we've seen in other towns.
Despite the active building in Northbridge, the active
listings continue to decline.
Northbridge Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Northbridge “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 114 Last Report:132
- There are 50 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 103 houses sold, and 53 homes sold in the last 3 months in Northbridge.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 86 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 183 days of the Northbridge homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $159 (163 vs. in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 169 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $363,338 .
- Northbridge , MA, has 4 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Don’t Go Just Yet! More Information for you…
- Should I be pre-approved or pre-qualified for a home before I start looking seriously?
- What should I know about forced hot water heating systems in a home?
- Investors need to be smart about avoiding capital gains - here’s some tips to do that.
- TRID is here. What is it and what do I need to know?
- Updated summary report on the most expensive towns in Metrowest.
- Cleaning up? Here’s a cool list to stay organized all year long!
- How Do I buy a short sale house that is still owned by the seller?
About Matt Heisler
Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of this website. He has been selling homes in MA for buyers and sellers for over 20 years. He is an expert in foreclosure purchases, short-sale purchases, short-sale sales, buy and hold investing, fix and flip investing, and of course traditional residential home sales. He is happy to take questions as they pertain to real estate on Title V, Radon, Termites, Sump Pumps, Roofs, Foundations, Wells, Septic Systems, Cash-Flow, Staging, and a host of other housing issues. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve his local community.
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.